Interview Phillip Lawler on the Mike Church Show Author of The Smoke of Satan – 011118
Written by Jacob Truxilla on 11/01/2018
Mandeville, LA –
PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER CONTENT-Founding Brother, Founding Father & CRUSADER Level Members
Special Guest Philip F. author of –
The Smoke of Satan: How Corrupt and Cowardly Bishops Betrayed Christ, His Church, and the Faithful . . . and What Can Be Done About It
Comes from quote Pope Paul the 6th
- I didn’t really want to write this book and my publisher was honest and told me they didn’t want to publish it.
- It is a book about the MESS the Catholic Church is in now.
- I make the argument there is a deeper problem in the Catholic Church amount the Clergy, and higher ups.
- The sex-abuse scandal, which has erupted anew in 2018, poses the greatest challenge that the Catholic Church has faced since the Reformation. In The Smoke of Satan, veteran Catholic journalist Philip explains why the crisis is even more severe than when it first commanded headlines in 2002, and how the failure of Church leaders goes all the way to the Vatican. In this unflinching look at the crisis threatening the Church and her members, Lawler: Show the sex-abuse scandal is not a question of pedophilia, but of homosexual activity within the clergy.
- Explains how Catholic bishops have developed a habit of covering up serious problems, to avoid the serious divisions that have developed within the faith since Vatican II. Demonstrates a catastrophic rupture in Church unity, causing a breakdown in morale and discipline among priests, bishops, and laity, paving the way for the current crisis. Reveals the growth of a faction within the Vatican that is ready to make peace with secularism. Details the charges in the explosive “Vigano testimony,”— and the efforts by Vatican officials including Pope Francis himself to ward off a thorough investigation. Concludes with a program for reform, led by faithful lay Catholics, demanding a new policy of candor and a forthright proclamation of Church teaching.
- It means something when TAN books publishes your books.
- We don’t know any more about McCarrick now then we did since the beginning.
- Nothing new has come to the forefront. Like the story has just disappeared.
- They never saw Archbishop Vigano coming. He made it clear to the laity this is a cultural problem. This is not an isolated issue with McCarrick.
- That situation is now reversed. I worry more about what is coming out of Rome than the Bishops here in the states.
- Equal Rights Amendment – Catholic Homeschooling mother stopped the ERA
- This was one woman in the secular realm and made a big difference.
- We have an advantage we don’t have to rely solely on the secular realm.
- The 1st thing we need to do is PRAY!
- We must tell the TRUTH and DEMAND the TRUTH! Don’t let them duck the tough issues. Call them on it.
- Finally if you are confused about what the faith is these days, look to the Saints, the forefathers. Cling to it and demand it. Don’t let the clergy sell you short!
- It is YOUR money and how you spend your money is a MORAL choice.
- Stop giving it to the group funds. Give the money to the seminary if you support that but you don’t have to support a diocese that doesn’t the teachings of the Church.
- This is one way we can get the Bishops attention.
- Don’t discount God’s providence in this.