James Matthew Wilson Author Interview With Mike Church: Poems Are Meant To Be HEARD not READ – The Mike Church Show
Written by Jacob Truxilla on 11/07/2018
Mandeville, LA –
PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER CONTENT-Founding Brother, Founding Father & CRUSADER Level Members
Special Guest James Matthew Wilson – Associate Professor of Religion and Literature in the Department of Humanities and Augustinian Traditions at Villanova University
- Author of The Hanging God
- You heard the Stations of the Cross here on Veritas a while back.
- The Depths of Our Desire
- Poetry is something to be read aloud in public.
- One of the 1st reviews pointed out that in some ways this book is a novel in verse.
- Poetry wasn’t telling stories anymore so people got away from it.
- A fullness of character and fullness of soul they knew as ‘knowing’.
- This lead people to remember or memorize things.
- They didn’t really ‘learn’ things.
- Poetry has always been at the root of we form ourselves by what we know.
- There is something about newspapers where we don’t mind that type of separation.
- It should be recited or at least hear the voice in your head or the poem will not make sense.