Patricia Rucker Interview About West Virginia Amendment 1 – The Mike Church Show
Written by Jacob Truxilla on 11/15/2018
Special Guest : Patricia Rucker West Virginia Legislature Amendment 1 – the No Right to Abortion in Constitution Measure
- Second year serving here in West Virginia.
- 1993 Supreme Court decision made it so West Virginias taxpayers did in fact pay for abortions.
- It was a VERY hard push.
- 2/3 of Senate and 2/3 of the House HAD to agree for us to even put this to the floor prior to a vote by the public.
- Currently NO Planned Parenthood facilities in West Virginia.
- The authority of the state has the control to determine funds for abortion.
- We don’t mandate to have sonograms prior to abortion and so that is the next thing I am going to work on.
- Still much work to be done because some of the wording is very vague.