Smaller Government – & Most Everything Else – Is Still More Beautiful! With Don Livingston
Written by candacechurch on 01/13/2020
Don Livingston interview title: Smaller Government – & Most Everything Else – Is Still More Beautiful!
Special Guest Professor Donald Livingston
Professor of Philosophy at Emory University and a David Hume scholar
Author of Rethinking the American Union for the Twenty-First Century
- Large Empires w/ central government ruling.
- Very small republics – the public things – these were very small there were about 1500 of them. The largest was Athens.
- That civilization created world class artist, architects and much more.
- It was a very unique civilization.
- You mention Florence, until the state of Italy was created in 1880, they had Papal States.
- We need to carve the Northern part of Virginia off for sure.
- They handled this through Secession.
- Massachusetts and Maine – Maine LEFT Massachusetts!
- After Lincoln we get this ONE NATION INDIVISIBLE
- The Pledge of Allegiance – The meaning of the war can be put into 3 words.
- The war was about centralizing power NOT about slavery.
- TRIVIA on Gov. Morris –
- Human Scale – as compared to bedroom sizes
- Washington is a cancer that is spreading to all other states.
- Why Some Americans Need to Believe the Civil War Was About Slavery – NEW BOOK (It will be in 3 parts.)
- Michael F Holtz – the War of Northern Aggression
- A political act of survival! The Civil War
- A sectional party – the hatred of the South was out of control b/c it was so fertile. Most of the goods/commodities came from the South.
- The political party opposed the SECTION….the South.
- Agitation over slavery was why SOME states seceded.
- 4 states voted NOT to join the Confederacy
- 7 States seceded and voted no.
- Gods and Generals – official movie trailer
- There are organizations that are actively trying to protect this history!