Podcast (mike_church_preview): Download (Duration: 27:35 — 15.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | | More
The Theology of Home, Feminist Kryptonite – Interview With Carrie Gress
Binge Listen! Catch Up on Previous Episodes of The Mike Church Show, Click Here!
Special Guest Dr. Carrie Dress author of The Anti-Mary Exposed, The Marian Option and her latest Theology of Home: Finding the Eternal in the Everyday
- I don’t think she has made the conversion as of yet.
- Did you know that the name Carrie is a derivative of Mary?
- Southern Homes and Living but for Catholics. – new book
- It is but it really has some meat in it too.
- “Home. It is an elegant word, at once both simple and far-reaching. Home is a place to live in and feel comfortable, but it is much more than that.
- Home is where we are nurtured, where we live, and where we love. The language of Home is universal. It is where we find the eternal in the everyday.
- But the Home has been neglected. To millions of women today, there is nothing worse than being a “homemaker.” If only they knew the supreme value (and reward) of giving loved ones a place to call Home.
- Very different project from what I usually write and it was such a joy to write.
- The photography in this book is amazing. We used old colonial style historic homes in the Carolinas etc.
- Everyone today is operating on emotions and feelings instead of actual theology and knowledge.
- The Death Star Approach
- Women are really searching for joy and peace and we aren’t providing them a way to “get back to that”.
- This doesn’t uproot them it provides them with a way back to what they truly already feel.
- QUESTION: How many images/statues do you have in your home?
- The same exact argument from the 1960’s. There is a different way to live ladies.
- They are up against the whole edifice of the culture.
- “Shades of Gress”