A Day In The Life of Brother Bernard The Abbey Roast Coffee Master! Pt I
Written by jadechampagne on 01/20/2020
Brother Bernard – Benedictine Monk from Our Lady of Guadalupe Monastery in Silver City, NV
- We didn’t start roasting coffee union 2016
Cafe For Life – geared just to raising money for ProLife and ProFamily foundations.
- Brazilian Roast – the award the Rio de Ginero specialty coffee award 1st class for quality in that country is amazing!
- The Life of a Monk :
- 3am – the bell rings
- the 150 psalms in the week, a lot of monasteries don’t do this anymore.
- We have matins after that
- then we go back to our cells and have a cup of coffee
- Lexi – reading scripture on our knees by candlelight
- then we office of laws at 6am
- then Mental Prayer – no lights in the chapel and quiet time with Our Lord
- that ends with an aspiration
- then we have breakfast
- then office of time at 7:45am
- then more spiritual reading
- then we do our morning duties or chores
- we do a meatless diet so we do lots of cheese and dairy
- we do perpetual abstinence of meat – we NEVER eat meat!