Reconquest Episode 197: The Catholicity of the Church
Written by Brother Andre Marie on 09/26/2019
Episode 197 debuts on September 25, at 8:00 PM Eastern. Rebroadcasts will take place according to the Crusade Channel programming schedule (note: all times listed are Central time). The topic is The Catholicity of the Church.
- Catholic — Catholic Encyclopedia article at newadvent.org
- Catholic — Documents illustrating the meaning of ‘Catholic’ Church in the ancient Church. The Fathers from the get go affirm that the Catholic Church as a visible authoritative institution distinct from other heretical groups. It is through this Church alone by which one is saved. From Joe Gallegos’ informative “Cor Unum Apologetic Web Site.”
- “The Holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints” — from the Catechism of the Council of Trent, the Creed, Article 9, at catholicapologetics.info
- The Church is Catholic — a talk given by Scott Hahn, with helpful Old Testament prophesies.
- Optatus of Milevis, Against the Donatists — major work of a North African Father who uses the word “Catholic” very instructively
“Reconquest” is a militant, engaging, and informative Catholic radio program featuring interviews with interesting guests as well as commentary by your host. It is a radio-journalistic extension of the Crusade of Saint Benedict Center.
Each weekly, one-hour episode of Reconquest will debut RIGHT HERE on Wednesday night at 8:00 PM Eastern (7:00 PM Central). It will then be rebroadcast according to the Crusade Channel programming schedule (note: all times listed are Central time).